Beams are an established parent-driven charity based in Kent with a great reputation for delivery of pragmatic and practical support to disabled children, young people and their families. We are very proud to have been awarded Kent Children’s Charity of the Year last year.
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and dynamic person to join our team.
The successful applicant will be working within our Support Brokerage service, helping to develop our Person-Centered Planning offer.
A person centered plan will help the client:-
- identify their key needs, aspirations and desired outcomes
- develop and write action plans to fulfil the outcomes identified
- identify community resources available to help them
- achieve maximum benefit from funds available to them
Applicants will be expected to
- produce a person centered plan in a way that is meaningful and understandable to the client
- provide advice and assistance to the client and their family to employ staff to aid them in meeting their support requirements
- Calculate funds required to meet their needs and to complete financial audits of individual’s direct payment accounts on behalf of the local authority, where required.
Hours required initially are 22.5 hours per week to be worked over 3 days.
Applicants should have a proactive and positive work ethic, strong organisational skills, excellent attention to detail as well as the ability the communicate appropriately with both disabled clients and their families and a wide range of professionals. They should have good numeracy skills and the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines. Experience of writing and managing care or support plans would be desirable. Due to the nature of the support we offer, experience of reconciling accounts together with a good knowledge of Employment rights would be beneficial. Knowledge of the Care Act, Children and Families Act and Direct Payments would be beneficial but training will be provided.
The successful applicant will be required to either have, or undertake the required study to obtain, an accredited qualification in Support Brokerage.
The work will be fieldwork in style and the successful applicant would be based at home. A full, clean driving license and use of a car is essential to the role as clients may be based across Kent and beyond. Beams will provide access to a workplace pension scheme, 4 weeks holiday (rising to 5 weeks after completion of 2 years’ service) prorate. Working from home allowance and mileage allowances will be paid.
Required start date for this post will be w/c Monday 5th September 2022.
If you would like to apply please contact us for an Application Pack (No CV accepted), by email to: [email protected] . If you would like to discuss the role further, please contact Karen Dorling on 07918 706601.
Closing date for applications: Monday 1st August 2022 (midday)
Interview date: 4th August 2022
Shortlisted Applicants will be notified on: 1st August 2022