A Safe pair of hands
Do you have an interest in heritage and desire to join a team that is conserving a Tudor Palace to create an interpretation centre for Otford and the Darent Valley?
The Archbishop’s Palace Conservation Trust wants to appoint two new trustees to join the board and help us achieve our objectives which are:
• For the benefit of the public the preservation, restoration, maintenance, repair and improvement of the building known as the Archbishop’s Palace in Otford, Kent.
• to advance the education of the public in the history of the Archbishop’s Palace, the Tudors, the role of the Archbishops and the history of the Darent Valley by the provision of exhibitions and other learning experiences.
In recruiting new trustees, the Board seeks to ensure an appropriate degree of diversity in terms of age, gender, geographical location, and ethnicity.
The ideal trustee will have:
• A recognition of the values of our national heritage
• A fascination for history and how it has brought us to where we are today
• An interest in education, “making it real” and bringing it alive for the widest possible audience. The Trust’s audience development plan can be found on the Otford Palace website.
• The desire to make historic resources accessible and enabling engagement through sensitive and appropriate renovation of original architecture
• The vision to combine an eclectic view in blending modern solutions and design techniques with the richness of historical artefacts
• The ability to engage and demonstrate a vision to a wide audience and encourage collaboration and investment in this project
• Enthusiasm for the work of the Trust
• An ability to work as one of a team, to take on projects and deliver them.
Our aim is to build a team with complementary competences in:
• Experience in restoring heritage buildings
• Project management
• Legal – property and intellectual property rights.
• Communications using a variety of media
If you think that you fit this profile, then please ask for more details from: